Privacy Notice - For Parents
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR LOL SURPRISE KIDS’ SITE – PARENTS/CARERS
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and safeguarding any personal data that you give to us. We are transparent about the processing of your personal data and this notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We are a controller under the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Who we are:
MGA Entertainment Inc and our address is 9220 Winnetka Avenue, Chatsworth, CA 91311, USA.
What personal data do we collect about your child when they are on LOL Surprise?
How will we use that personal data?
What is our legal basis for processing your data?
When your child plays games on this website, we will get:
- their IP address
- the operating system of their device
- their browsing activity
- their location by country only. We don’t know their address or specific location. We have a cookie consent tool and we need to know the country so that we show the right page on the tool.
What do we use this data for?
We use your child’s page browsing to improve the quality of our website.
We use their IP address so that we can see what country your child is in and that helps us know where our players come from.
We use what type of operating system your child is using so that we can show them website pages that work with their operating system. This is a legitimate interest for us and this is a functional cookie.
We can only use your child’s IP address and their page browsing data if they agree to it. The cookie pop up on the website is where your child can say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to use gathering this information.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your child’s IP address and page browsing with Google Analytics and Shopify, if they or you agree to this.
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the UK?
Our head office is in the United States so we need to transfer your data there. This is a legitimate interest for us because we are an international business. We use the government’s International Data Transfer Agreement as the data safeguard.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your information for 12 months unless you ask for us to delete it, which we will.
Do we use any automated decision making?
We do not use any automated decision making.
Your child’s rights as a data subject
Rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
- To access to your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we may need to remove information about other people).
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
- we no longer need it;
- if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- we are processing your personal data unlawfully
- To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.